To cover the gaps in Original Medicare offered by the Federal government Arizona Medicare Supplement Plan exists to cover the gaps in the Original Medicare offered by the Federal Government. Medicare Supplement Plans are also called as Medisups or Medigap. Arizona Medigaps are similar to other states in the United States.
Medigap policy offers additional benefits along with Original Medicare offering Part A and Part B. You must have Original Medicare to sign up for additional benefits of Medigap.
Before deciding a Medigap policy it is essential to know your requirements which need to be covered.
The following points must be checked before deciding the right Medigap policy for you-
What changes are made in Medigap plans from June1, 2010?
1) Medigap policies purchased before June 1, 2010 remain unchanged. You can keep those policies active by paying regular premiums, no need to quit the Plans.
2) Medigap policies are ten standardized policies identified by letters A,B,C,D,F,G,K,L,M and N
3) Medigap Policy plans taken on or after June 1, 2010 will benefit the coverage of Plan A coinsurance.
4) Plan K will cover 50% of the cost and 75% by Plan L
5) Plans M and N are new plans offered for sale
6) Plans D and G are different from the previous Plans D and G before June1,2010
7) For those who already bought Plans E,H,I and J can still carry on with these, but from June 1,2010 these plans are not available with insurance companies
8) Medicare supplement insurance companies must offer plan A for sale
9) Medicare supplement insurance companies offering any other Plan must also give either Plan C or Plan F
10) Plan F has a distinguishing high deductible Plan F option
11) All Medigap policies are not available for sale in all states. You will have to find out Medigap policy offered in your state.
Plans not covered by Medigap policy