Florida Medicare compensates the large amount in health care coverage, but there are gaps which it does not cover and lead to higher bill amounts.
|Deductibles and coinsurance||Excess charge||Items not covered in Medicare|
These gaps in Original Medicare can be compensated by buying a Medicare Supplement Insurance policy.
Florida Medicare supplement insurance should be clearly distinguished and follow Federal and state laws. Florida Medicare supplement insurance policies sold by all insurance companies are standardized and hence buying them is easier.
Florida Medigap policies does not compensate long term caring in nursing homes, private nursing facilities, vision or dental care, spectacles and lenses, aids used for ear problems.
1) Read the application and complete is fully with all health records.
2) Preferably pay by Cheque or money order or bank draft.
3) Medigap policy is not issued in a day; it takes 30 days for approval.
4) 30 days is a free look period, you can change the policy and ask for refund in writing within this period.
5) You can guaranteed renew Medigap policy.
6) In case of mistrust, fraud the Insurance company or provider agent observed can be asked for explanation.