|Deductibles and coinsurance||Excess charge||Items not covered in Medicare|
Louisiana Medicare Supplemental insurance is a popular policy among Louisiana seniors who want more protection than what Medicare alone can provide. Louisiana Medicare supplemental insurance is an affordable way to lower your out-of-pocket costs and extend your health care coverage.
Louisiana Medicare Supplemental insurance or Medigap plans covers the services which are not covered by the Original Medicare.
Louisiana Medicare supplemental policies hence help to fill the gaps on the Original Medicare.
Louisiana Medigap plans help to compensate health care costs that Original Medicare does not cover. Medicare Supplemental insurance plans cover copayments, coinsurance and deductibles. Medicare is also covered during your travel outside U.S. by some Medigap plans.
Each standardized Plan offers basic coverage by all insurance companies.
Louisiana supplemental insurance is provided in various forms. You must study the various forms and compare the prices and your needs.
There are ten standard Louisiana Supplemental insurance plans regulated by Federal and state laws.
For more information and help, you can check State Health Insurance Assisted Program site www.ncship.com.
Benefits and changes in Medicare supplement insurances from June 1, 2010
1) Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans purchased before June 1, 2010 remain unchanged. You can keep those policies active by paying regular premiums, no need to quit the Plans.
2) Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans in Louisiana for sale are ten standardized policies identified by letters A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M and N.
3) Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans taken on or after June 1, 2010 will benefit the coverage of Plan A coinsurance.
4) Plan A bought from one insurance company offers same coverage as Plan A of another.
5) All the plans vary in the prices of premiums.
6) Plan K will cover 50% of the cost and 75% by Plan L.
7) Plans M and N are new plans offered for sale. Both the plans have low premiums. Plan M and Plan N have 15-30% low premiums than the Louisiana Supplement Plan F.
8) Plans D and G are different from the previous Plans D and G before June1, 2010.
9) For those who already bought Plans E, H, I and J can still carry on with these, but from June 1, 2010 these plans are not available with insurance companies.
10) Medicare supplement insurance companies must offer plan A for sale.
11) Medicare supplement insurance companies offering any other Plan must also give either Plan C or Plan F.
12) Plan F has a distinguishing high deductible Plan F option.
13) All Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans are not available for sale in all states. You will have to find out Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans are offered in your state.
14) Preventive care and home recovery benefits are removed from all the plans in the standard Louisiana Medicare supplement insurance plans.